Privacy Notice for Patient Rights
YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION RIGHTS
You have a right to:
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosure on your information as provided by 45 CFR § 164.522; however, the Center is not required to agree to a requested restriction;
- Obtain a copy of the notice of information practices upon request;
- Inspect and obtain a copy of your health record as provided for in 45 CFR § 164.524, by submitting a written request;
- Request communication of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations;
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent action has already been taken;
- Receive an accounting of disclosures made of your health information as provided by 45 CFR § 164.528.
You may complain to the Center and to the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You will not be retaliated against for filing a complaint.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE CENTER
The Center is required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of protected health information; Provide to you with this notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information;
- Abide by the terms of this notice;
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction on how your information is used or disclosed; Accommodate reasonable requests you may make to communicate health information by alternative means or alternative locations; and Obtain your written authorization to use or disclose your health information for reasons other than those listed above and permitted under law.